At CAMHS, we want our young people and carers to get the very best services. We can only do this by listening to you and working with you to make sure we deliver what you want. That’s why your voice is so important.
Our User Groups offer many ways for you to get involved and share ideas to help improve our services.
- Film Clubs – Making movies about topics that are important to you
- Staff Interviews - Join the panel that questions and select candidates for jobs with CAMHS
- Environment Projects – Help us to redesign our treatment rooms, reception areas and gardens
- Staff Training – Help us to teach our staff the best way to support young people
- Newsletter – Feel free to write an article for our newsletter or blogpost
- Plan Events – Help to design and run events such as Open Days, Careers shows, schools workshops
- Feedback – Complete our questionnaires and surveys on a range of subjects.
- Creative Projects – Help us to design leaflets, posters, website, and letters
We also do lots of fun things too like ; sports and recreation activities, day trips, visits to places of interest, book clubs, meet ups with other young people radio projects.
Does it make a difference?
YES! You will work with other service users and carers to make sure we hear your views and ideas and that you can hold us to account. You can help us choose and train the staff you want to see working in our services, and share ideas on how we can further improve the work we do.
What about Parents & Carers?
We value the feedback and support of parents and carers to help improve our services. Just as with young people, we have a number of ways that parents can get involved shaping the work we do. Why not join our parent forums, volunteer for our peer support groups, assist with running activities in the community, or even help us to recruit new staff.
How do we get involved?
For more information contact the People Participation Lead for your local service
Community Eating Disorder Service:Laura.Fialko
City & Hackney CAMHS: Vicky.Rodrigues@nhs.net
Coborn Centre: Jyothi.Nadarajan@nhs.net
Luton & Bedfordshire: Nicola.Scott24@nhs.net
Newham Child & Family Consultation Service: Yvette.Anson1@nhs.net
Tower Hamlets CAMHS: Denise.Mcdermott1@nhs.net
Trust Wide Activities: Alan.Strachan@nhs.net