CAMHS Tower Hamlets

18 Greatorex Street, Whitechapel, E1 5NF/, The Emmanuel Miller Centre, 11 Gill Street, Isle of Dogs, E14 8HQ,
Both centres are open: 9 am - 5pm, Monday to Friday Greatorex Street is open 9am - 7pm every Wednesday

Community Mental Health Teams - Child & Adolescent

Tower Hamlets CAMHS have two bases, one at 16, Greatorex Street and the other at the Emanuel Miller Centre at the Gill Street Health Centre.

Referral through GP, Schools, Social Services & other agencies
You can request an appointment through your GP, school, youth worker, social worker. We will contact you with the date and time of the appointment in the post, let us know if you’d rather we didn’t send a letter.
CAMHS offers assessment and help to children, young people and their families with significant emotional, behavioural and mental health difficulties.

We assess, and where possible find ways of working with, the child or young person and those who look after them, in understanding and dealing with their problems in order to achieve change.

We aim to provide a service that respects the beliefs of those who use the service and is sensitive to their culture, race and gender.


You will need to complete our CAMHS Referral form. This will enable us to decide how best to help the family. It may be useful for you to have in mind some of the following questions whilst filling in the form:


  • What are the current concerns or problems?
  • What are the triggers for seeking help at this time?
  • How long has the problem existed, how severe is it, and how does it impact on the child/young person's familty, education and work?
  • What are the relevant psychosocial and family issues including who is in the family or important people in the kinship system? Who are the other agencies involved?
  • What has been the response to previous attempts to help?
  • Are the child/young person/family aware of and consenting to the referral? What is the family's motivation to seek help?
  • Are there any identified risks?
  • What continued involvement will you have with the family?
  • Are there service access issues like language and disability?




Bipolar Disorder
Eating Disorders

Clinical speciality:

Child & Adolescent Mental Health Services